Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Time Tunnels of Iniquity

Only a split second has passed and I realise that I have already been to Bargaloo, there and back and more than just the one time. On a previous visit, I thought I would find some peace and solitude. It was ok but my flatmate turned out to be a ghost as did several other of the town folk…I got quite stressed about the situation. Another curious thing that happened is that our planet was invaded by an extremely advanced, warlike, metallic type of race…only problem was…for them…was that they were microscopic…I know for sure they got stuck in the pipes of the house I was in.  Imagine the ignominy of that…alien invaders from another dimension on a futile quest to find the Time Tunnels of Iniquity and they end up getting stuck in house pipes. I have no idea what happened to them or what to do with them.
 I could hardly wait to get back to the city. I left Bargaloo and took up residence on the outer edge of the time wave war  zone of the city…Rob’s mother’s house. There were some frightening moments. Time waves crashing into each other again, bringing more horrors. It was March…always a scary month. All I could do was hibernate. I had to cut myself off from all the technology and society and lie in the dark for days on end. There was weirdness going on. I heard four dogs being killed one night only to discover that four dogs had been killed that night  two hundred miles away and yet the police had cordoned off a nearby street.  A tyrannosaurus rex egg hatched and a cockroach turned into a butterfly. A baby went missing. No one was running the country. Many of the world leaders had returned to the sea. A delegation from Thailand turned up and took office. I had to relive the horrors of being a Phoenician sacrificial victim. I had an episode where I was tricked into eating crushed up insects, which made me very ill. Oh Lily I can’t tell you enough about  the horrors and general upheaval that is my life.
I moved back into my apartment with Rob a while later. Of course coming back to this city is a mixed blessing…both tumultuous and exciting and sometimes quite boring and repetitive. Today I went to visit my mother or rather your mother. It was not a pleasant experience but I needed to find my nail polish collection, which I may have left there.  I had an urge to continue my work painting Egyptian hieroglyphs on rocks collected from Culburra Beach. She wasn’t home. Her house has one of those doors that has glass panels on either side of it. I rang the doorbell and knocked a few times but no answer. I looked through one of the glass panels checking for signs of life…what I saw was horrifying in the extreme Lily. There was a white light at the end of a tunnel but there was this dark shadowy thing standing in front of it stopping people from going in. I knocked on the door but there was nobody there….. I saw something which confirmed my worst fears about her. She is not your mother or even mine…basically she’s an astral freak.  Usually you can spot an astral freak by how old they look…but not always.
Ok I’m back…I have been back to my mothers house…everything is ok…her real self was back in it’s astral shell…but for how long…it’s impossible to tell…so much has happened…There is a new street fighting gang in town…it’s run by the Moulden brothers…as you can see for yourself they are very rough…not refined like me or kool like the lost boys. Did you know that the lost boys have formed a gang of their own and that Danton…my son and yours Lily…he is now a fully flighted member of their bird of prey group. I have seen them around town. One day I snapped them sneaking through a car park in Civic or should I say the backstreets of Bargaloo….
As for Nico…do you remember what he looked like when he was born…he was a little blue baby with scars on his head…he’s much improved but his relationship with Miles Tankard is a worry….as you know. Miles Tankard is Humphrey Tankards son and I do not much appreciate him. Nico told me that he found Miles blubbering his head off in Fallik Lane…because get this he was bitten by a short black snake.  I suppose Nico felt sorry for him because among other things…he had heard that Miles got kicked out of Fergus’s gang as he himself had been kicked out of Danton’s Bird of Prey gang…so now they are like each others only friends…if and when they happen to bump into eachother in the back alleyways of Queenstown or Civic cos they are both banned from each others enclaves.
By now it should be clear to you that I am detection agent and the City without the Hill is my detection lair. My esteemed colleagues include most cats, big cats and dogs…and birds.  My main spying accomplice is my friend and patient Rob Wallace….who drives me everywhere I go and can assist at times in my deliberations.

No comments:

Post a Comment