Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Hidden Dragon


Lilly… I have discovered that several secret organisations are using code to communicate important information.  And they are using every medium of communication you could think of…apart from obvious symbols like pictures of circles and clocks, geometric shapes, and the like… they are using  advertising material and artwork  in a far more devious way than I could of realised. Other signs included markings and paint effects on the walls, weird street names, paint markings on the roadwork, witches hats with writing, official looking plaques and government notices, stickers and number plates, stick on notices at traffic lights, shop window displays, glossy  fashion spreads, graffiti, crosswords, horoscopes, street art,   electric lights even…the list is endless. One time I had to pay a visit to the National Assembly Headquarters. As I approached the entrance to the building I happened to notice that numerous signs had been placed all along the promenade leading up to it. The signs all said things like Danger Icy Surface or Beware of Skidding on Ice, Caution Wet Floor, and Don’t Slip on it and Ice Skidding Hazard. Lily there was no ice or water within cooeee of all those witches hats.  Another time my accomplice Rob and I  had to go to a secret building at the Department of Defenders. It was Valentines Day and we had to deliver flowers to someone’s girlfriend, who had already left the building. Oh the hoo ha, the receptionist soldiers would not take the flowers to the aforementioned persons office because they thought it had a bomb in it. But that was not the weirdest thing that happened. As we approached the building along a little path with nicely mown grass on either side, there was not one but two signs warning of the danger of snakes. Snakes Lily! Caution Beware of Snakes it said. Why would the Department of Defenders be so worried about being bitten by snakes there and nowhere else. I have never seen a Caution Beware of Snakes Sign anywhere ever…even in places with long grass around like schools…Why would you bother unless…soldiers are really, really scared of snakes or… it was code for something…anyway I wrote a song about it.
After that I began compiling huge dossiers on all the factions involved in this debacle…if I can call it that.
My dearest Lily, it is now April 19 2012….I am still in the city and you are still residing in Bargaloo and vice versa…what I am going to tell you is of utmost importance. The situation here is very dangerous. Members of the Jin She Wah have been tracking my movements. On Friday night an oriental gentlemen booked into the hotel. That night the fire alarm went off. There was no fire!  They are trying to flush us out Lily…Rob was in a hurry to get out…I didn’t believe for one minute there was a fire. We tried to leave the building via the back entrance but it was locked. So we hurried out the front reception area and hid behind some chairs. l was already freaked out by an experience I had a few nights earlier. I was in Japanese style of house when I was lunged at by three oriental gentlemen in Ninja style outfits. One of them had a huge sword. He swung it high above his head and was about to bring it down on mine when a midget ran out and saved me.
What I am about to tell you could freak you out completely. Humphrey Tankard is married to Sindy Faulkener.  Their youngest son, Miles has a few issues…It is a new type of mental illness. I should know I have suffered terribly from this mysterious ailment, as you will too Lily.  Make it your business to ingratiate yourself with Miles and Fergus. Miles knows a lot of stuff about what’s going down here and Fergus has some interesting friends…including two duplicates of himself.
Mr Rat is one of the top dudes of the most notorious street fighting gang to ever exist in this city. He is known as the RatMan and basically he is a gun for hire. To be near him is to hear the sound of gun shot. The lady with the evil eye is none other than Sindy Faulkener. She is the supreme performance artist…I warn you. The guy in the bowler hat is an agent. There is something going on with him and Fergus’s duplicates. The fat guy and the guy in the hoodie are members of Fergus’s gang. The guy in the middle of them is Miles. Words cannot describe……
By now you are probably wondering how I got myself in to this mess and why you should get yourself in it too. I am sure as you wander around the sheep paddocks of Bargaloo, and stare at the lake you will be imagining it and not really believing in it.  I beg you Lily do not have a nonchalant attitude about this. You are going to have to have your wits about you when you arrive in the city…believe me there is more intrigue going on in just one of the enclaves here, than there is of all of Bargaloo and its surrounds. Each and every enclave has its own unique and peculiar mystery. Some of it you would find hard to believe.
For example re: the ancestors of the Jin She Wah who built the underground tunnels under the city. I was living in this city when they were building those tunnels all those thousands of years ago. I found a map of their plans, another secret map of the tunnels as well as evidence that a secret underground medical laboratory had been constructed there. I told Fergus’s great grandfather about it and he had me assassinated. Before I was killed I managed to compile a dossier of the plans and a variety of artistic interpretations of the events.
As you can see the war was terrible that is why it is so important that you remember to leave me some messages when you arrive in the city…so that I can stop the same war from starting all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment